Here is the weather forecast for the next two days
Thursday (July 14)
- Very heavy rains are possible in isolated parts of Odisha, Eastern Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Maharashtra and Vidarbha.
- Heavy showers are likely over isolated parts of West Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Konkan, Goa, Marathawada, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh Coast, Telangana,
- Interior north and south Karnataka, Kerala and Mahé.
- Widespread rainfall with thunderstorms is expected over Odisha, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Punjab, West Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Karnataka, Kerala, Mahe and Lakshadweep.
- Fairly widespread rains with thunderstorms are forecast over Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Gangetic West Bengal, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh,
- Rajasthan, eastern Madhya Pradesh and coastal Andhra Pradesh.
- Scattered showers with isolated thunderstorms are likely over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Sikkim, Jharkhand and Rayalaseema.
- Isolated rains are likely over Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry and Karaikal.
Friday (July 15)
- Very heavy rainfall is possible in isolated areas of Gujarat, Konkan and Goa.
- Heavy rains are possible in isolated areas of Odisha, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Marathawada, Vidarbha, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh Coast, Telangana, North and South Inner Karnataka , Kerala and Mahé.
- Widespread rains accompanied by thunderstorms are likely over Odisha, eastern Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, the whole of Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, coastal Karnataka, Kerala, Mahé and Lakshadweep.
- Fairly widespread rains with thunderstorms are forecast over Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, western Madhya Pradesh, northern and southern interior of Karnataka.
- Scattered showers with isolated thunderstorms are forecast over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Sikkim, Gangetic West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar, Uttarakhand, Haryana , Chandigarh, Delhi, Punjab, Jammu, Kashmir and the coast of Andhra Pradesh.
- Isolated rains are possible over Uttar Pradesh, Rayalaseema, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Karaikal.
Summary of forecasts for the next five days
A well-marked low pressure area (LPA) over the southern coast of Odisha and an east-west shear zone extending over the northern peninsula of India combined are expected to produce intermittent rains and thunderstorms over the center, the southwest India and their adjacent areas over the next five days. This LPA is expected to be almost stagnant near Odisha, and the shear zone will likely become somewhat obscured at the end of this period.
Under the influence of the system, rainfall amounts above 100mm/day are possible in isolated parts of Odisha, eastern Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Maharashtra and Vidarbha on Thursday; Gujarat, Konkan and Goa on Friday. Heavy rainfall is expected to continue mainly over central India thereafter.
The influence of moisture winds from the south and southwest of the Bay of Bengal will increase later in the period, with heavy rains hitting northeast India again from Saturday.
As for mercury levels, maximum temperatures are expected to be lower than normal in northwest India, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and adjoining regions during this period, while they are above normal in northeast India. Minimum temperatures will be slightly above normal in the Himalayan region while they will be near normal in other regions.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The Weather Channel app (on the Android and iOS store). It’s free!