Here is the weather forecast for the next two days.
Monday (July 11)
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall with a risk of extremely heavy rainfall in isolated locations is very likely over Telangana and Karnataka coast, Vidarbha, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Konkan, Goa, Andhra Pradesh coast, Yanam and Madhya Maharashtra.
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall in isolated locations is possible over Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Saurashtra, Kutch, Marathawada and interior Karnataka.
- Heavy rains in isolated locations were forecast over Jammu, Kashmir, Ladakh, Gilgit, Baltistan, Muzaffarabad, Himachal Pradesh, Eastern Rajasthan, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Odisha, Kerala and Mahé.
- Thunderstorms accompanied by lightning and gusty winds (speeds reaching 30-40 km/h) are very likely in isolated places on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and with lightning in isolated places on Jammu, Kashmir, Ladakh, Gilgit, Baltistan, Muzaffarabad, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Vidarbha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Gangetic West Bengal, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Rayalaseema. Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry and Karaikal.
Tuesday (July 12)
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall in a few places with extremely heavy falls in isolated places are very likely over Gujarat, Telangana, Vidarbha, Konkan, Goa, Karnataka coast and Madhya Maharashtra.
- Heavy to very heavy rains were forecast in isolated parts of Uttarakhand, Western Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Saurashtra, Kutch, Marathawada, Andhra Coast Pradesh and Yanam.
- Heavy rains are possible in isolated places in Himachal Pradesh, western Uttar Pradesh, eastern Rajasthan, eastern Madhya Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland , Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Inner Karnataka, Kerala and Mahé.
- Thunderstorms with lightning and gusty winds (speeds reaching 30-40 km/h) are very likely in isolated locations over the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and with lightning in isolated locations over the ‘Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Eastern Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Vidarbha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Rayalaseema.
Summary of forecasts for the next five days
A low pressure area extends over coastal areas from southern Odisha to northern Andhra Pradesh and its environs along with its associated cyclonic circulation. Meanwhile, the monsoon trough is active and south of its normal position as an east-west shear zone roughly crosses the northern peninsula of India. The combination of these weather events along with an offshore trough in mean sea level from the coast of Gujarat to the north coast of Kerala will likely result in the following weather events over the next five days.
Fairly widespread to widespread rainfall accompanied by thunderstorms and lightning with isolated heavy rain is expected over Chhattisgarh, Vidarbha, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Kerala, Mahe, Coast of Andhra Pradesh, Yanam, Telangana and Karnataka over the next 4-5 days.
Meanwhile, isolated very heavy rains are also very likely over Saurashtra, Kutch and Marathawada on Monday and Tuesday, Karnataka coast on Thursday and Friday, Kerala and Mahé on Wednesday to Friday, Karnataka interior and the Eastern Madhya Pradesh on Monday, Western Madhya Pradesh on Tuesday. , Odisha from Tuesday to Friday, Vidarbha on Wednesday, and coastal Andhra Pradesh, Yanam and Chhattisgarh on Wednesday and Thursday.
Isolated to scattered heavy to very heavy rainfall with isolated extremely heavy rainfall forecast over Telangana through Tuesday, Gujarat, ghat areas of Madhya Maharashtra and Konkan and Goa through Friday, Saurashtra and Kutch Wednesday through Friday, Coastal Karnataka until Wednesday, Chhattisgarh and coastal Andhra Pradesh on Monday and Vidarbha until Tuesday.
Isolated to scattered rainfall activity is expected over Rayalaseema and Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry and Karaikal over the next five days. Other than that, fairly widespread to widespread rainfall and isolated thunderstorms with lightning can be expected over the next five days with:
- Isolated heavy rains over Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday, Himachal Pradesh through Wednesday and over Uttarakhand through Friday.
- Isolated heavy to very heavy rain over Uttarakhand through Tuesday.
Scattered to fairly widespread rainfall with isolated thunderstorms and lightning is also very likely over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh and Rajasthan, while isolated to scattered rainfall is possible over Uttar Pradesh over the next five days .
Isolated heavy rains are likely over Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh from Wednesday to Friday and over eastern Rajasthan until Friday.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The Weather Channel app (on the Android and iOS store). It’s free!