Is today your lucky day?
Here are the winning Powerball numbers for Saturday, August 6, 2022:
8 – 15 – 46 – 56 – 68 and Powerball 3
Powerplay was 2X
The jackpot has been reset to $20 million with a cash option of $11.8 million, according to the Powerball website, after it was won on Wednesday August 3 by a Pennsylvania lottery player who won 206.9 millions of dollars.
Until recently, New Jersey Lottery winners had to be identified, but now winners will be able to remain anonymous under a new law signed by Governor Phil Murphy.
How to play Powerball?
Powerball drawings take place three times a week – Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10:59 p.m. Monday drawings were added in 2021.
The cost is $2 per ticket, but you can add Power Play for $1, which will increase your potential prize amount up to five times the original prize (except for jackpot and Match 5). There is also a possibility of 10x Power Play when the jackpot is below $150 million.
Each player selects five numbers from 1 to 69 for the white balls and one number from 1 to 26 for the red Powerball. However, you can also have the lottery machine generate a quick pick ticket for you with random numbers.
Prizes range from $4 for Powerball pairing to $1 million for white five-ball pairing (except in California) to the jackpot for six-ball pairing. You can check all prize payouts on the Powerball website here.
Where can I play Powerball?
You can play the game in 45 states, plus Washington DC, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
Many grocery stores, gas stations and convenience stores sell lottery tickets. Some states allow the purchase of Powerball tickets online, but beware of fraudulent websites. Check with your state lottery for details on online sales before purchasing tickets online.
You do not need to be a US citizen or a resident of a particular state where you purchase your ticket.
Powerball, Mega Millions:These are the luckiest states for jackpot winners
How can I watch the Powerball drawing?
The Powerball draw is streamed live on the lottery’s website at 10:59 p.m. ET Monday, Wednesday and Friday. You can watch the drawing by clicking here.
The drawing can also be aired on a local TV channel in your market.
What are my chances of winning?
Playing Powerball can be exciting, but don’t spend those millions before you win.
The odds of winning the jackpot are 292,201,338 to 1.
The odds of matching all five white balls are 11,688,053 to 1.
Unlucky? Here are 13 crazy things more likely to happen than winning the lottery
What does cash option mean?
Major lotteries in the United States offer two jackpot payout options: annuity and cash.
The annuity option is paid over time. There is one immediate payment, then 29 annual payments thereafter, increasing by 5% each year.
The cash option is significantly lower than the advertised jackpot, but is paid out in a lump sum. You don’t have to wait decades for all the money.
What was the biggest Powerball jackpot?
Here are the Top 10 jackpots since the start of the Powerball lottery in 1992:
- $1.586 billion, January 13, 2016: three winners in California, Florida and Tennessee
- $768.4 million, March 27, 2019: won in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, August 23, 2017: won in Massachusetts
- $730 million, Jan. 20, 2021: Won in Maryland
- $699.8 million, October 4, 2021: Won in California
- $687.8 million, October 27, 2018: Two winners in Iowa, New York
- $632.6 million, January 5, 2022: Two winners in California, Wisconsin
- $590.5 million, May 18, 2013: won in Florida
- $587.5 million, November 28, 2012: Two winners in Arizona, Missouri
- $564.1 million, February 11, 2015: three winners in North Carolina, Puerto Rico and Texas
What was the biggest American lottery jackpot?
Here is an overview of the best jackpots won in the United States, between Powerball and Mega Millions lotteries:
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016: three winners in California, Florida and Tennessee
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, October 23, 2018: won in South Carolina
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022: Illinois
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, January 22, 2021: won in Michigan
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019: Won in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017: Won in Massachusetts
- $730 million, Powerball, January 20, 2021: won in Maryland
- $699.8 million, Powerball, October 4, 2021: won in California
- $687.8 million, Powerball, October 27, 2018: two winners in Iowa, New York
- $656 million, March 30, 2012: three winners in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland