Celebrating All Things Anime With Sixth Annual Attendees Expo Crunchyroll this weekend in San Jose, California, Crunchyrollthe global leader in delivering the ultimate anime experience to audiences around the world, today shared many exciting announcements during its industry panel, which included announcements of new show acquisitions, first looks exclusives, fan-favorite movies coming to the streaming service, and more.
The announcements kicked off with an exciting update that Crunchyroll will be rolling out the red carpet to welcome some of the most beloved anime in cinematic history to its platform, including the cult sci-fi classic. AKIRA directed by Katsuhiro Otomo, modern fantasy romance your name. by director Makoto Shinkai (Suzume no Tojimari; grow old with you), as well as director Mamoru Hosoda’s critically acclaimed catalog The girl who crossed time, Wolf childrenand The boy and the beast. Fans will start seeing new movies released on Crunchyroll every Thursday from August 11 through October. Other highly anticipated titles include Afro Samurai: Resurrection with Samuel L. Jackson, the tale of tales of Josée, the tiger and the fishdramatic romance The stranger from the shoreand the coming-of-age sci-fi story Sing a little harmony, among many others, including those from popular anime franchises Free!, Fairy tale, PSYCHO PASS, Code Geassand black butler.
Additionally, the hit movie JUJUTSU KAISEN 0 will also premiere on Crunchyroll from September 21. The prequel film to the critically acclaimed anime series JUJUTSU KAISEN from TOHO Animation released outside of Japan, across the world, earlier this year. The movie is based on JUJUTSU KAISEN 0 (JUMP COMICS / Shueisha), a prequel manga to the hit supernatural adventure series written and illustrated by Gege Akutami.
New title acquisitions announced at the Crunchyroll Industry Panel include the following:
- Tower of God 2nd season – The long-awaited second season of the popular anime series tower of god, based on SIU’s WEBTOON webcomic, is heading to Crunchyroll. The sensationally beloved series of the same name originated on WEBTOON – the world’s largest digital comics platform with 82 million monthly users – where it has over 4.8 billion views online, will also launch its first volume of WEBTOON’s upcoming graphic novel edition Unscrolled on November 22. The second season of the Dark Fantasy series will follow Bam as he continues his journey through the mysterious tower. A new recap trailer and key visual have also been shared ahead of the upcoming anime sequel. SIU also shared the following message:
“It seems that the anime season 1 was released yesterday, but now I will have the chance to see you all again through season 2! I am so grateful to the entire anime production team as well as the readers, and I can’t wait to see how Season 2 pans out. Thank you as always for all of your support!”
- My One-Hit Kill Sister – Based on the web novel and manga Isekai One Turn Kill Nee-san: Ane Dо̄han no Isekai Seikatsu Hajimemashita, written by Konoe, the anime adaptation, titled My One-Hit Kill Sister, is heading to Crunchyroll.
- Reborn to Master the Blade: From Hero-King to Extraordinary Squire – Adapted from the light novel and manga written by Hayaken, Studio Comet’s animated series finds Inglis, who is reborn as a beautiful girl, now free from the burden of a king and is raised by renowned knights and begins to focus on mastering martial arts. A new trailer and key visual for Reborn to Master the Blade: From Hero-King to Extraordinary Squire have debuted, and the series will hit Crunchyroll in January.
- The mad human university – Coming in October, Crunchyroll will take audiences to the The mad human university, where Satake Hirofumi, an “undead” condemned to death, is sent for the murder of his fiancée and who has survived many desperate situations. The truth about his immortal life will be revealed, which will unveil a much larger plot, which has been teased in a new trailer and key visual.
- The fruit of evolution 2: before I knew it, my life had made it – Hiiragi Seiichi’s new life of success continues in the world of swords and sorcery, he was transported with the second season of The fruit of evolution: before I knew it, my life had made it is coming to Crunchyroll in January 2023. Studio Hotline’s anime adaptation, based on the light novel series written by Miku, has revealed a new trailer and key visual to celebrate.
- The Aristocrat’s Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far – After being reincarnated as Cain von Silford, the third son of an aristocratic family, Shiina Kazuya finds herself in a chaotic new beginning when the gods grant her several divine blessings on her fifth birthday that can only be described as a little exaggerated. A teaser key visual has been shared for The Aristocrat’s Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Farwho will arrive on Crunchyroll in 2023.
- The reincarnation of another world’s most powerful exorcist – The story of a peerless genius exorcist, Haruyoshi Kuga, begins as he seeks to find happiness in a new fantasy world in which he is reincarnated. Adapted from the light novel and manga series written by Kiichi Kosuzu, Studio Blanc’s new anime series has released a new trailer and key visual as it is set to hit Crunchyroll in January.
- Reborn as a vending machine, now I’m going to the dungeon – What would you do if you couldn’t move or talk and were stuck in a dungeon, only to find you’ve been turned into a vending machine? The anime series adaptation, Reborn as a vending machine, I now roam the dungeon, based on the work of writer Hirukuma, comes to Crunchyroll to answer this question. Discover the world of Boxxo in the brand new trailer.
- sugar apple fairy tale – In a world hostile to fairies, Anne Halford seeks to strike up a friendship with her new fairy bodyguard, Chalie. Based on the light novel and manga series of the same name, written by Miri Mikawa, sugar apple fairy tale will come to Crunchyroll. A trailer and key art have been revealed which show the character designs of Chalie and Anne.
- Our last crusade or the advent of a new world season 2 – The long-awaited sequel to Our last crusade or the advent of a new world, from Silver Link studio, comes to Crunchyroll. A recap trailer for Season 1 was shared during the panel with the English dub cast along with a new teaser video. A message from season 2 director Yasufumi Soejima was also shared:
Alice and Iska. They are the best rivals who respect and improve each other, and the “tension and tenderness” of their relationship is an irresistible attraction! The delicate but audacious drama and worldview that unfolds from there! I am very happy to have participated in the creation of the anime Our Last Crusade. We communicated with the original author, Sazane-sensei, and carefully and meticulously worked out the details of the project to produce a film that will be enhanced as a visual work. Please wait for it!
- I’m the bad guy, so I tame the final boss – Coming this fall to Crunchyroll, from Maho Film and directed by Kumiko Habara, the animated adaptation of I’m the bad guy, so I tame the final boss, based on the series written by Sarasa Nagase, follows Aileen Lauren Dautriche who reminisces about her past life and discovers that she is in another game called “Regalia of Saints, Demons, and Maidens”, where she is the villain who makes obstacle to the romance of the main character. But Aileen, knowing the outcome of the game, has other plans for her fate. A new key visual and a trailer have been unveiled for this title.
The story of the outcasts recently announced that it will be heading to Crunchyroll and now a January 2023 release date has been revealed along with a brand new trailer as well as staff and cast details:
- Director: Yasutaka Yamamoto
- Composition of the series: Kenichi Yamashita
- Script: Kenichi Yamashita, Sayaka Harada, Yasutaka Yamamoto
- character design: Mina Osawa
- monster design: Kanta Suzuki
- Chief Animation Supervisors: Mina Osawa, Hikaru Suzuki
- Music: Hiroaki Tsutsumi, Kana Hashiguchi
- music production: CANYON PONY
- Sound: STUDIO MAUSU
- Animation: Ashi Productions
The main cast
- wisteria: Ayana Taketatsu
- Marbas:Katsuyuki Konishi
- Snow: Ryota Osaka
Those unable to make it to the panels or attend Crunchyroll Expo can watch the live stream at CrunchyrollExpo.com, follow the panels via the Video On Demand section, and follow all the exciting highlights at TwitterInstagram and TikTok, as well as Crunchyroll News where fans can expect to find all the big announcements from every day and more.
Crunchyroll Expo is the annual celebration of all things anime, featuring unique panels, exclusive merchandise, and world premieres. This year’s show will be both in-person and on-demand streaming from August 5-7, 2022, with an additional digital replay available until August 9, 2022. In-person, fans will be transported to New Crunchy City, a busy bustling metropolis. comprised of four distinct districts: the Central Shopping District with anime merchandise, exclusive ripoffs, swag and more, the Arts District home to nearly 150 artists, the Theater District featuring premieres and screenings of anime, and the Super Arcade featuring games all day, and more unique programming. More information is available at Crunchyrollexpo.com.